- I'd love to see complementarian CRC churches figure out the challenge of authority in women's ministry in and beyond our walls
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller's use of identity in his theology
- The Road to Character, Chapter 3, The Eisenhowers plus Sin and Moderation
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- The Ten Commandments Sermon Series
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Esther Exodus Genesis hell Inspire2017 James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Jordan Peterson Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/2DdDB6ujTXI?a Ezekiel 8 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LyEATfvIj98?a The fall of Solomon, No Man is Above the Law 1 day ago
- If you use the term "white supremacy" for the common forms of racism and bias what term will you use for these other kinds of groups? 4 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: Superb interview between @james_ka_smith & @timkellernyc in @commentmag that will leave you eager for part 2. https://t.c… 4 days ago
- A helpful conversation to revisit today between @tanehisicoates and @ThabitiAnyabwil youtu.be/Gton4je7T_Y 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: @PaulVanderKlay @CRCNA Came across this during my office hours early this morning: christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/july-a… 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: Posted for the first time in months. Wrote what feels most true in this impossible season between chapters. https://t.co/… 4 days ago
- I'd love to see complementarian @CRCNA churches grapple with the need to institutionalize leadership for women paulvanderklay.me/2017/08/17/id-… 6 days ago
- RT @TheBabylonBee: Organization That Murders 200,000 People Of Color Each Year Takes Stand Against Racism babylonbee.com/news/organizat… https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @scotmcknight: RJS interacts with Alister McGrath on creation topics fb.me/8QLoEeD3c 6 days ago
- cardus.ca/comment/articl… 6 days ago
- RT @ayjay: The whole @roddreher interview with Lilla is just fascinating: theamericanconservative.com/dreher/mark-li… 1 week ago
- Want to counter white supremacists? Follow this man. Don't posture or yell, Overcome evil with good. independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 1 week ago
- RT @zugzwanged: @KSPrior Are you familiar with this guy: independent.co.uk/news/world/ame…? 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/8hZp7_VAM6g?a The Queen of Sheba Sees the Kingdom 1 week ago
Category Archives: On the way to Sunday’s sermon
In a world that cannot afford stable happiness, Jesus denies us regime change, but offers us himself, and with him more than we could ask or imagine.
The Good Life It begins by seeing, or imagining “the good life”. We see it in others. We see it on TV. We naturally want it for ourselves and we try to figure out how to get it, and after … Continue reading
In the Ascended Christ You Will One Day Make Our Imagined Superheroes Look Frail and Withered by Decay
Meta-Stories We live in the age of meta-stories. We call the “franchises”. Star Wars Harry Potter Lord of the Rings The Marvel Universe These franchises have nearly taken over the movie industry. Check out the numbers on the Marvel Cinematic … Continue reading
Why the Resurrected Jesus tells Mary to stop clinging and why this dislocates us from the deadly center of the story
Personal Apocalypse One of the most popular stories in the Wall Street Journal this week is about Charles Murphy. This is how the article was titled Wall Street Made Charles Murphy Successful and Rich, but Happiness Eluded Him After his apparent … Continue reading
Civil Rights Protesting in 1955 and Today In 1955 Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. The incident mobilized the civil rights movement and the Montgomery Bus Boycott was a defining event both for the movement and the profile … Continue reading
How Jesus Rescued a Socially Outcast Woman across Gender, Ethnic and Religious Battle Lines and showed himself to be Lord of All
Globalization-Pluralism-Skepticism In his book Getting Religion Kenneth Woodward, former religion editor at Newsweek Magazine reviews the religious movements, trends and changes he observed in America from the Eisenhower administration in the 1950s up to the Obama administration. The list of formal, … Continue reading
The Great Birkini Debate This past summer the debate about religious clothing in France reached a global audience when police enforced a ban on the birkini, modest swimwear that many Muslim women were wearing. This set up the uncomfortable situation … Continue reading