- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- Notes from Tim Keller's sermon "Incarnation"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- NIV vs. NRSV
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon: Sickness Unto Death
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- The shape of our doubt. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/the… 1 day ago
- Launching the second blog. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/int… 1 day ago
- RT @danielsilliman: On evangelicalism and authority: a twitter essay .... 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/rqTbZQu0Yhw?a Daniel 6 the Lion's Den 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-QMxmCrod2k?a How the Resurrection Changed Peter 6 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/3Fz5RQndO2I?a Daniel 5 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/U3m9uPcIkSc?a Easter 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/kFLqpuCWPVo?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 29 Easter Special 1 week ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Wall Street made Charles Murphy successful and rich, but happiness eluded him wsj.com/articles/wall-… via @WSJ 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: City Church San Francisco
City Church, Denominational Flirtation and How We Talk about Homosexuality
How the SCOTUS Decision on Same Sex Marriage made Church Affirmation of Same Sex Marriages Increasingly Obsolete
Two articles seem to illustrate the state of the conversation. What its like being a gay Christian rock star Kristen Stewart’s Sexual Revolution Message 1: The church should accept that some people are hardwired towards attraction to the same gender … Continue reading
So you want to start a revolution. What Do You Want the New Standard for the Church to Be Regarding Sex and Marriage?
Call for the Church to Change My blog is filled with links passionate calls for the church (or rather conservative churches) to change their formal and informal positions on sexuality. The most recent, earnest effort is for churches to practice … Continue reading
Can we imagine an “affirming” church tradition flourish and grow or has “providential deism” made divine irrational demands nonsensical?
Can An “Affirming” Church Tradition Be a Flourishing Church Tradition? Many questions swirl around the debate over the church’s acceptance/celebration of sexual minority’s non-traditional relationships. Does it honor God? Is non-affirming unjust? What’s the harm? Does it violate God’s will … Continue reading
Daniel Kirk Moves On From Fuller I’ve never met Daniel personally but I’ve been reading his blogging for years. He’s been a full time associate tenure track Fuller prof in the SF Bay Area. He posted today why he’s leaving Fuller … Continue reading