- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- How we talk to boys and girls
- Bret Stephens sides with Mass Deportation
- Married. Gay. And Mormon. (Part 2) | Religion News Service
- What happened at Synod 2017
- Christianity and Theological Diversity
- Jordan Peterson nature of a human being
- Splitting the RCA
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- Literary Styles in the Bible youtu.be/oUXJ8Owes8E These guys are the BEST! 1 hour ago
- Pondering the transactional nature of this email. If you have no belief in reward from the Father then... https://t.co/sKewllw01G 2 days ago
- RT @BrookingsGlobal: The average stay in a camp for a refugee today is 15 years: brook.gs/2knbKuG #WorldRefugeeDay https://t.co/LOrk… 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/Ifi5KkXig3s?a Biblical Series IV: Adam and Eve: Self-Consciousness, Evil, and Death 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/R_GPAl_q2QQ?a Biblical Series III: God and the Hierarchy of Authority 3 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/hdrLQ7DpiWs?a Biblical Series II: Genesis 1: Chaos & Order 3 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w?a Biblical Series I: Introduction to the Idea of God 3 days ago
- youtu.be/ul1Z8NTMCE8 My #crcsynod "postgame show" 5 days ago
- The Leadingchurch #CRCSynod 2017 "Postgame show". Discussion is welcome. youtu.be/ul1Z8NTMCE8 6 days ago
- Did anyone @CRCNA record Rod Hugen's performance at the #crcsynod banquet? 6 days ago
- It's like Peter Brown was in a junior college writing class. youtu.be/jbmRmtW5q00 twitter.com/PaulVanderKlay… 6 days ago
- I wish Amazon would do some disambiguation on Peter Brown, the great Augustine scholar. One of these authors is not… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- RT @DZRishmawy: I constantly habitual have to remind myself that default cynicism is not the same thing as discerning wisdom. 6 days ago
- RT @JonathanMerritt: A church of millennials tries to be "Catholic" (minus the Pope and celibate priests and rules they don't like) https:/… 6 days ago
- Doing my best @EricJDirksen for sermon prep Friday. Unfortunately it's just a quote ABOUT City of God https://t.co/FFSbzIbJiA 6 days ago
Tag Archives: City Church San Francisco
City Church, Denominational Flirtation and How We Talk about Homosexuality
How the SCOTUS Decision on Same Sex Marriage made Church Affirmation of Same Sex Marriages Increasingly Obsolete
Two articles seem to illustrate the state of the conversation. What its like being a gay Christian rock star Kristen Stewart’s Sexual Revolution Message 1: The church should accept that some people are hardwired towards attraction to the same gender … Continue reading
So you want to start a revolution. What Do You Want the New Standard for the Church to Be Regarding Sex and Marriage?
Call for the Church to Change My blog is filled with links passionate calls for the church (or rather conservative churches) to change their formal and informal positions on sexuality. The most recent, earnest effort is for churches to practice … Continue reading
Can we imagine an “affirming” church tradition flourish and grow or has “providential deism” made divine irrational demands nonsensical?
Can An “Affirming” Church Tradition Be a Flourishing Church Tradition? Many questions swirl around the debate over the church’s acceptance/celebration of sexual minority’s non-traditional relationships. Does it honor God? Is non-affirming unjust? What’s the harm? Does it violate God’s will … Continue reading
Daniel Kirk Moves On From Fuller I’ve never met Daniel personally but I’ve been reading his blogging for years. He’s been a full time associate tenure track Fuller prof in the SF Bay Area. He posted today why he’s leaving Fuller … Continue reading