- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Princeton Theological Seminary, Rev. Dr. Tim Keller, and the Abraham Kuyper Lecture
- Dorothy Day, "The Road to Character" Chapter 4
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon "Into Jerusalem"
- Peter Enns on Tim Keller's Take on Same Sex Marriage
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- Redeemer Pres. and Gender Roles Pt. 2
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- Craig Barnes does a 180 on the Kuyper Prize for Keller. christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2017… 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/C1rZ7lDq6PA?a How Jesus Rescues an outcast woman across gender, ethnic, religious and 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/OVtAIh1Eia0?a Daniel 2a a Foolish, Angry King and Daniel with the God who how power 5 days ago
- RT @SteinbergDS: Kicking off the inaugural Mental Health First Aid summit in California! Great turnout of passionate advocates! https://t.c… 1 week ago
- church website refresh. livingstonescrc.org feedback? 1 week ago
- How Jesus Rescued a Socially Outcast Woman across Gender, Ethnic and Religious Battle Lines an… paulvanderklay.me/2017/03/16/how… via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- Raymond Brown on John is still the best. https://t.co/VOcjF3alLa 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/cj9rrUwOu6c?a Daniel's Diet Test 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-S1k3HHy6X8?a Daniel 1 verses 1 to 4 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/lmRAfrlkRoM?a Introduction to the book of Daniel 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/5ym0-QomJ1M?a Nicodemus 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/wQMJ2WnaVQ8?a You Will Be Tested 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/NViVM-y-qiA?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 25 John 3 1 week ago
- Born from Above by the Man from Heaven in a Pluralistic World paulvanderklay.me/2017/03/10/bor… via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/6_nbzvBdNic?a Episode 24, the magic returns 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Pastoral Identity
Four Strategic Challenge Facing the Church Today In our context of deep and rapid chance the most important challenge the church faces is developing leaders in the church that can do the following: Discern the times: With multiple challenges confronting a … Continue reading
Blog Reading I usually try to do some blog reading on Monday mornings. On some Monday mornings I’m particularly weary and needy. Not all, just sometimes. So I’m reading a particularly well done blog post by someone offering some very … Continue reading
Good without God In the theist-atheist debates one of the flash points is morality. Theists like to tell atheists that their morality is foundationless without God. That’s a debatable point in the theoretical and philosophical but I must conceded is … Continue reading
Religion and Mental Illness Read this interesting interview on Sam Harris’ blog where the interviewer was connecting religion with mental illness. I do think there is sound anthropological evidence that the first “priests”, the shamans of Siberia, were probably psychological … Continue reading
The Naked Pastor has a moving and perceptive piece on another moving and perceptive piece by Ted Haggard. Both are worth reading. Haggard notes the one dimensionality problem of some evangelicals. In my case, I was taught that life transformation took place … Continue reading
Weary Pastors I’ve know a lot of pastors. I’ve seen them happy and sad, fresh and broken. I’ve seen a good number of them towards the end of their ministries quietly happy to be done with leading churches and caring … Continue reading
One of the things JRR Tolkien got very right in his epic “Lord of the Rings” was the pull of “mastery” on our hearts. It’s not hard to see that below our strivings with technology, our market strivings, our relational … Continue reading