- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller's use of identity in his theology
- Dallas megachurch tries to discipline gay member and the conflict spills into the local paper
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Why the Economy Doesn’t Roar Anymore- The Wall Street Journal.
- Confessional Conversation
- Outline of Tim Keller's Gospel Realizing
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- Do We Seek God or does God Seek Us?
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Ruth The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- How the World's Relational-Economy Turns us into Opportunistic Sycophants and What to do about… paulvanderklay.me/2016/10/21/how… 1 day ago
- Life is hard. You are more morally corrupt than you wish to admit, but God is more surprisingl… paulvanderklay.me/2016/10/14/lif… via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- Learning from the Reform movements of the 1840s and 50s to gain perspective on today's culture… paulvanderklay.me/2016/10/13/lea… via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- RT @james_ka_smith: Dragged? He's not a victim. twitter.com/Peter_Wehner/s… 2 weeks ago
- RT @micahjmurray: https://t.co/xcTWi3BNBo 2 weeks ago
- 3 Reasons InterVarsity’s Decision on Gay Marriage is a Big Deal skyejethani.com/3-reasons-inte… @SkyeJethani nails this. 2 weeks ago
- RT @DouthatNYT: I remember using "what if Hugh Hefner promised to appoint conservative judges?" as a reductio ad absurdum a while back ... 2 weeks ago
- How to live when the Age of Decay crushes your Utopian Dream paulvanderklay.me/2016/10/07/how… via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- Jesus Invites us Onto an Un-natural path that can only be followed if we believe in his Lordsh… paulvanderklay.me/2016/09/28/jes… via @wordpressdotcom 3 weeks ago
- Trump Eschatology youtu.be/uJzo0Tt6J1E https://t.co/7QD93OCVtu 3 weeks ago
- Living Predestination in the Daily Drama of God's Word or Silence paulvanderklay.me/2016/09/23/liv… via @wordpressdotcom 4 weeks ago
- David and his Basket of Deplorables paulvanderklay.me/2016/09/15/dav… 1 month ago
- How God Uses Evil to Teach us Our Need for a Savior paulvanderklay.me/2016/09/08/how… via @wordpressdotcom 1 month ago
- Running from Giants, Hiding among our Baggage, the State of Our Union is not good. Can you see… paulvanderklay.me/2016/09/02/run… via @wordpressdotcom 1 month ago
- The @CRCNA can't answer the identity question until it addresses the discipleship question paulvanderklay.me/2016/08/31/the… 1 month ago
Category Archives: Pastoral Identity
Four Strategic Challenge Facing the Church Today In our context of deep and rapid chance the most important challenge the church faces is developing leaders in the church that can do the following: Discern the times: With multiple challenges confronting a … Continue reading
Blog Reading I usually try to do some blog reading on Monday mornings. On some Monday mornings I’m particularly weary and needy. Not all, just sometimes. So I’m reading a particularly well done blog post by someone offering some very … Continue reading
Good without God In the theist-atheist debates one of the flash points is morality. Theists like to tell atheists that their morality is foundationless without God. That’s a debatable point in the theoretical and philosophical but I must conceded is … Continue reading
Religion and Mental Illness Read this interesting interview on Sam Harris’ blog where the interviewer was connecting religion with mental illness. I do think there is sound anthropological evidence that the first “priests”, the shamans of Siberia, were probably psychological … Continue reading
The Naked Pastor has a moving and perceptive piece on another moving and perceptive piece by Ted Haggard. Both are worth reading. Haggard notes the one dimensionality problem of some evangelicals. In my case, I was taught that life transformation took place … Continue reading
Weary Pastors I’ve know a lot of pastors. I’ve seen them happy and sad, fresh and broken. I’ve seen a good number of them towards the end of their ministries quietly happy to be done with leading churches and caring … Continue reading
One of the things JRR Tolkien got very right in his epic “Lord of the Rings” was the pull of “mastery” on our hearts. It’s not hard to see that below our strivings with technology, our market strivings, our relational … Continue reading