- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Notes from Tim Keller's sermon "Incarnation"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- NIV vs. NRSV
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon: Sickness Unto Death
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- The shape of our doubt. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/the… 1 day ago
- Launching the second blog. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/int… 1 day ago
- RT @danielsilliman: On evangelicalism and authority: a twitter essay .... 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/rqTbZQu0Yhw?a Daniel 6 the Lion's Den 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-QMxmCrod2k?a How the Resurrection Changed Peter 6 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/3Fz5RQndO2I?a Daniel 5 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/U3m9uPcIkSc?a Easter 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/kFLqpuCWPVo?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 29 Easter Special 1 week ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Wall Street made Charles Murphy successful and rich, but happiness eluded him wsj.com/articles/wall-… via @WSJ 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Genesis
Not Useless We are a utilitarian society. We value people based on what we value that they can “produce”. The aged and dying are considered useless, perhaps maintained if sufficient funds are available to afford the sentiment value. The account … Continue reading
Life Has More Bonds Than Mere Slavery While Joseph carries out the business of feeding and saving the world, the relational story line of his family hangs unfinished. What has become of Jacob and his family? Chapter 42 opens with … Continue reading
Zero to Hero in One Meeting With Joseph being a slave in prison feeling abandoned by the cupbearer and perhaps by God Pharaoh wakes from a dream with a start. Carnivorous cows and grain eating grain. He knows it must … Continue reading
Part of the fun of the pastoral life where I have two weekly Bible preps are reading books I wouldn’t normally put together, together. Right now I’m in James and Joseph. Joseph and Wisdom Yesterday I was wrestling with “wisdom” … Continue reading
LGBTQ Safety or Religions Liberty Last year the Ontario legislature mandated that all schools, religious or otherwise establish Gay-Straight Alliances, groups where gay students could gather to talk about their issues. This is an attempt to prevent bullying. The Roman … Continue reading
How Do People Change? Last week we noted that in the movement to the Joseph story in the book of Genesis God’s overt interventionist tendencies seem to change. In Genesis 37 you don’t even find the words God or Yhwh … Continue reading
The Family Jacob Always Wanted Perhaps the wisdom of parents telling their children “I love you all the same” wasn’t invented by the time of the Patriarchs. Polygamy certainly complicated the matter “this mommy loves you, that mommy hates you.” … Continue reading