- I'd love to see complementarian CRC churches figure out the challenge of authority in women's ministry in and beyond our walls
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller's use of identity in his theology
- The Road to Character, Chapter 3, The Eisenhowers plus Sin and Moderation
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- The Ten Commandments Sermon Series
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Esther Exodus Genesis hell Inspire2017 James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Jordan Peterson Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/2DdDB6ujTXI?a Ezekiel 8 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LyEATfvIj98?a The fall of Solomon, No Man is Above the Law 1 day ago
- If you use the term "white supremacy" for the common forms of racism and bias what term will you use for these other kinds of groups? 4 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: Superb interview between @james_ka_smith & @timkellernyc in @commentmag that will leave you eager for part 2. https://t.c… 4 days ago
- A helpful conversation to revisit today between @tanehisicoates and @ThabitiAnyabwil youtu.be/Gton4je7T_Y 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: @PaulVanderKlay @CRCNA Came across this during my office hours early this morning: christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/july-a… 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: Posted for the first time in months. Wrote what feels most true in this impossible season between chapters. https://t.co/… 4 days ago
- I'd love to see complementarian @CRCNA churches grapple with the need to institutionalize leadership for women paulvanderklay.me/2017/08/17/id-… 6 days ago
- RT @TheBabylonBee: Organization That Murders 200,000 People Of Color Each Year Takes Stand Against Racism babylonbee.com/news/organizat… https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @scotmcknight: RJS interacts with Alister McGrath on creation topics fb.me/8QLoEeD3c 6 days ago
- cardus.ca/comment/articl… 6 days ago
- RT @ayjay: The whole @roddreher interview with Lilla is just fascinating: theamericanconservative.com/dreher/mark-li… 1 week ago
- Want to counter white supremacists? Follow this man. Don't posture or yell, Overcome evil with good. independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 1 week ago
- RT @zugzwanged: @KSPrior Are you familiar with this guy: independent.co.uk/news/world/ame…? 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/8hZp7_VAM6g?a The Queen of Sheba Sees the Kingdom 1 week ago
Category Archives: How to become a Christian
Found this by @ErinBlaskie via Danny Fast. It’s an attempt to mitigate the loss of a marriage. Apparently the process is a Counscious Uncoupling. Be nice. Don’t fight. Be a grown up. All good things their child will benefit from. I truly … Continue reading
The Christian Reformed Church Given the rise of emergent Calvinism the word has become (again) a hot potato. I’m not a Calvin scholar so for a more academic treatment I’ll defer to a real Calvin scholar like Richard Muller who … Continue reading
Ukraine This video caught my eye. http://nyti.ms/MLqimF The Ukrainian soldiers trying to recover their dignity by “going to work” guarding warplanes. The Russian troops (sans flags) preventing their advance to their base, firing warning shots. This is of course a … Continue reading
Road to Cana I’m reading/listening to Anne Rice’s Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana (not finished yet) and am quite moved by it. I usually chafe at Jesus movies and Bible fiction. I am deeply conditioned by my obsessive Protestant … Continue reading
Zeitgeist Zeitgeist is a handy word. It means the spirit of the age, the communal water of assumption we take in and can’t help but assimilate and/or push back from. Two of the more interesting pieces this week were a … Continue reading
Ryan Bell certainly started out his year without God with a media splash. The first entries in his blog were mostly noting the splash. Now it seems he’s settling into the project a bit more and beginning to process. Getting … Continue reading