- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
- Notes from Tim Keller's sermon "Incarnation"
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- NIV vs. NRSV
- How the Left learned to Hate like the Right
- Wisdom: What is It? by Tim Keller (What is the Fear of the LORD: Negative Fear vs. Positive Fear)
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- The shape of our doubt. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/the… 1 day ago
- Launching the second blog. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/int… 1 day ago
- RT @danielsilliman: On evangelicalism and authority: a twitter essay .... 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/rqTbZQu0Yhw?a Daniel 6 the Lion's Den 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-QMxmCrod2k?a How the Resurrection Changed Peter 6 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/3Fz5RQndO2I?a Daniel 5 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/U3m9uPcIkSc?a Easter 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/kFLqpuCWPVo?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 29 Easter Special 1 week ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Wall Street made Charles Murphy successful and rich, but happiness eluded him wsj.com/articles/wall-… via @WSJ 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: CRC
I’m doing some short devotionals for the Inspire 2017 conference in Detroit this summer that I plan to attend. My assignment was to do it on the beginning of 1 Thessalonians but I’m also, in each one, picking up a … Continue reading
Yo @ColinJost, do you not get this kind hatred is why trump won the election? Shame. Shame shame shame. pic.twitter.com/OSsru9b92u — PWR BTTM (@PWRBTTMBAND) November 21, 2016 In 2008 Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were against Same-sex marriage and for … Continue reading
In preparing for talk I need to give I hauled out my CRC Church History notes from maybe 1989-1990? Jim De Jong, then president of CTS was giving the class. On the first day he gave a list of theological … Continue reading
Dreher Edward Hackett Includes a comment from the President of the Society of Christian Philosophers and Calvin College Prof. Christina Van Dyke Did Swinburne get Swindled? HT Dreher Michael Rea Facebook apology Wisdom and Folly blog The Federalist ht: Al Mohler “The … Continue reading
The Banner So what we have here is the Banner attempting to clarify, via the Synodical Study Committee reporter what their work meant by offering interpretation and application. It’s not unusual for Synods to leave us with muddled and garbled … Continue reading
5 Steps to Denominational Renewal My friend Pete posted this piece by Sam Hamstra on CRC Voices for discussion. Since putting over 1000 words in a comment section isn’t polite I thought I’d engage the piece here on my blog. … Continue reading
HT: MereOrthodoxy and Francis Shaeffer Mere Orthodoxy Podcast discussion Alan Jacobs The Watchmen The model of separate-but-equal domains that Father Neuhaus chose may be the best that is generally available for most Christian intellectuals, but it means that the larger public sphere, the … Continue reading