- I'd love to see complementarian CRC churches figure out the challenge of authority in women's ministry in and beyond our walls
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller's use of identity in his theology
- The Road to Character, Chapter 3, The Eisenhowers plus Sin and Moderation
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- The Ten Commandments Sermon Series
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Esther Exodus Genesis hell Inspire2017 James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Jordan Peterson Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/2DdDB6ujTXI?a Ezekiel 8 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LyEATfvIj98?a The fall of Solomon, No Man is Above the Law 1 day ago
- If you use the term "white supremacy" for the common forms of racism and bias what term will you use for these other kinds of groups? 4 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: Superb interview between @james_ka_smith & @timkellernyc in @commentmag that will leave you eager for part 2. https://t.c… 4 days ago
- A helpful conversation to revisit today between @tanehisicoates and @ThabitiAnyabwil youtu.be/Gton4je7T_Y 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: @PaulVanderKlay @CRCNA Came across this during my office hours early this morning: christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/july-a… 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: Posted for the first time in months. Wrote what feels most true in this impossible season between chapters. https://t.co/… 4 days ago
- I'd love to see complementarian @CRCNA churches grapple with the need to institutionalize leadership for women paulvanderklay.me/2017/08/17/id-… 6 days ago
- RT @TheBabylonBee: Organization That Murders 200,000 People Of Color Each Year Takes Stand Against Racism babylonbee.com/news/organizat… https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @scotmcknight: RJS interacts with Alister McGrath on creation topics fb.me/8QLoEeD3c 6 days ago
- cardus.ca/comment/articl… 6 days ago
- RT @ayjay: The whole @roddreher interview with Lilla is just fascinating: theamericanconservative.com/dreher/mark-li… 1 week ago
- Want to counter white supremacists? Follow this man. Don't posture or yell, Overcome evil with good. independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 1 week ago
- RT @zugzwanged: @KSPrior Are you familiar with this guy: independent.co.uk/news/world/ame…? 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/8hZp7_VAM6g?a The Queen of Sheba Sees the Kingdom 1 week ago
Category Archives: Blog note
Those of you who follow this blog know I read Dreher almost every day. I really miss Andrew Sullivan in terms of feeding me links. Dreher point me to some good stuff. He’s a bit more reactive than I am. … Continue reading
Betrayal? Some of what I write (or link to) might be viewed by some of you as betrayal. Truth seeking involves facing evidence that doesn’t necessarily line up with your beliefs or paradigms. Truth seeking involves dealing with doubt. Too … Continue reading
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 40,000 times in 2013. If it were a … Continue reading
I’ve written about this before but I want something that I can repeatedly post to Twitter as a kind of disclaimer to my tweets. My primary use for me posting on twitter is that of an archivist. Twitter is a … Continue reading
Twitter doesn’t promise to backup and keep accessible or searchable your tweets. You should know that about twitter. The library of congress is doing it, but not twitter. That limits the value of twitter for an archivist which is my … Continue reading
I’m supposed to repay another year of hosting and I’m looking for a cheaper solution.