- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- Notes from Tim Keller's sermon "Incarnation"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- NIV vs. NRSV
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon: Sickness Unto Death
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- The shape of our doubt. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/the… 1 day ago
- Launching the second blog. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/int… 1 day ago
- RT @danielsilliman: On evangelicalism and authority: a twitter essay .... 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/rqTbZQu0Yhw?a Daniel 6 the Lion's Den 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-QMxmCrod2k?a How the Resurrection Changed Peter 6 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/3Fz5RQndO2I?a Daniel 5 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/U3m9uPcIkSc?a Easter 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/kFLqpuCWPVo?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 29 Easter Special 1 week ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Wall Street made Charles Murphy successful and rich, but happiness eluded him wsj.com/articles/wall-… via @WSJ 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Progressive Liberationism
How the Pulse Tragedy Tempts the CRC to forget their Confessional Scripts and Mimic the Competing Civil Religions of our Day
Confessions in the Papers Over the next few weeks we will read a lot of statement like this piece in the Orlando Sentinel. The piece is an appeal for the church to love like Jesus did and love as Jesus commanded. … Continue reading
Following the Script There really isn’t any great mystery about what’s coming next in the CRC struggle over what to say and do about the liberation of sexual minorities. There should be no mystery because we’ve been watching this play … Continue reading
Should the CRC Establish a Center for Confesssional Development to turn the Implicit Confessions tearing the church apart into Proto-Confessions?
The Confessional Conversation The CRC, like many Protestant denominations in the West is heading for a fractious fight over human sexuality. I believe this is brought on by deep assumptions in Western culture about the nature of progress … Continue reading
Doctrine of Christian Discover Report In case you haven’t wade through the whole report the CRC Network Synod page offered a small piece saying why we should pay attention to it. If you read the comments on that page also notice … Continue reading
What do I Mean when I Say we Need a Confessional Conversation as a Way Forward in our Conflict over Same sex Marriage and other Matters
Confessions as a way of making explicit cultural faith expressions What was Apartheid? I first learned about Apartheid when I was a boy. A South African pastor was a guest in our home. He was in the states to talk … Continue reading
Why A Confessional Conversation about Same Sex Marriage is the best way forward keeping both Traditionalists and Liberationists from Using Power to Oppress the Other
Why Church Fights over LGBTQ Issues and Same Sex Marriage Gets So Nasty So Fast I wrote before why we need to have a confessional conversation rather than a fight over church polity. Part of the difficulty we are having, … Continue reading
Law and Justice The current debate over LGBTQ inclusion is usually framed as either a matter of law, “God doesn’t permit this” or justice “God’s justice demands it.” Beneath the traditionalist argument is usually an implied legalism. “We know God … Continue reading