- I'd love to see complementarian CRC churches figure out the challenge of authority in women's ministry in and beyond our walls
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller's use of identity in his theology
- The Road to Character, Chapter 3, The Eisenhowers plus Sin and Moderation
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- The Ten Commandments Sermon Series
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Esther Exodus Genesis hell Inspire2017 James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Jordan Peterson Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/2DdDB6ujTXI?a Ezekiel 8 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LyEATfvIj98?a The fall of Solomon, No Man is Above the Law 1 day ago
- If you use the term "white supremacy" for the common forms of racism and bias what term will you use for these other kinds of groups? 4 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: Superb interview between @james_ka_smith & @timkellernyc in @commentmag that will leave you eager for part 2. https://t.c… 4 days ago
- A helpful conversation to revisit today between @tanehisicoates and @ThabitiAnyabwil youtu.be/Gton4je7T_Y 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: @PaulVanderKlay @CRCNA Came across this during my office hours early this morning: christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/july-a… 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: Posted for the first time in months. Wrote what feels most true in this impossible season between chapters. https://t.co/… 4 days ago
- I'd love to see complementarian @CRCNA churches grapple with the need to institutionalize leadership for women paulvanderklay.me/2017/08/17/id-… 6 days ago
- RT @TheBabylonBee: Organization That Murders 200,000 People Of Color Each Year Takes Stand Against Racism babylonbee.com/news/organizat… https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @scotmcknight: RJS interacts with Alister McGrath on creation topics fb.me/8QLoEeD3c 6 days ago
- cardus.ca/comment/articl… 6 days ago
- RT @ayjay: The whole @roddreher interview with Lilla is just fascinating: theamericanconservative.com/dreher/mark-li… 1 week ago
- Want to counter white supremacists? Follow this man. Don't posture or yell, Overcome evil with good. independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 1 week ago
- RT @zugzwanged: @KSPrior Are you familiar with this guy: independent.co.uk/news/world/ame…? 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/8hZp7_VAM6g?a The Queen of Sheba Sees the Kingdom 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Progressive Liberationism
How the Pulse Tragedy Tempts the CRC to forget their Confessional Scripts and Mimic the Competing Civil Religions of our Day
Confessions in the Papers Over the next few weeks we will read a lot of statement like this piece in the Orlando Sentinel. The piece is an appeal for the church to love like Jesus did and love as Jesus commanded. … Continue reading
Following the Script There really isn’t any great mystery about what’s coming next in the CRC struggle over what to say and do about the liberation of sexual minorities. There should be no mystery because we’ve been watching this play … Continue reading
Should the CRC Establish a Center for Confesssional Development to turn the Implicit Confessions tearing the church apart into Proto-Confessions?
The Confessional Conversation The CRC, like many Protestant denominations in the West is heading for a fractious fight over human sexuality. I believe this is brought on by deep assumptions in Western culture about the nature of progress … Continue reading
Doctrine of Christian Discover Report In case you haven’t wade through the whole report the CRC Network Synod page offered a small piece saying why we should pay attention to it. If you read the comments on that page also notice … Continue reading
What do I Mean when I Say we Need a Confessional Conversation as a Way Forward in our Conflict over Same sex Marriage and other Matters
Confessions as a way of making explicit cultural faith expressions What was Apartheid? I first learned about Apartheid when I was a boy. A South African pastor was a guest in our home. He was in the states to talk … Continue reading
Why A Confessional Conversation about Same Sex Marriage is the best way forward keeping both Traditionalists and Liberationists from Using Power to Oppress the Other
Why Church Fights over LGBTQ Issues and Same Sex Marriage Gets So Nasty So Fast I wrote before why we need to have a confessional conversation rather than a fight over church polity. Part of the difficulty we are having, … Continue reading
Law and Justice The current debate over LGBTQ inclusion is usually framed as either a matter of law, “God doesn’t permit this” or justice “God’s justice demands it.” Beneath the traditionalist argument is usually an implied legalism. “We know God … Continue reading