- I'd love to see complementarian CRC churches figure out the challenge of authority in women's ministry in and beyond our walls
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller's use of identity in his theology
- The Road to Character, Chapter 3, The Eisenhowers plus Sin and Moderation
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- The Ten Commandments Sermon Series
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Wealth"
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Esther Exodus Genesis hell Inspire2017 James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Jordan Peterson Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/2DdDB6ujTXI?a Ezekiel 8 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LyEATfvIj98?a The fall of Solomon, No Man is Above the Law 1 day ago
- If you use the term "white supremacy" for the common forms of racism and bias what term will you use for these other kinds of groups? 4 days ago
- RT @EricJDirksen: Superb interview between @james_ka_smith & @timkellernyc in @commentmag that will leave you eager for part 2. https://t.c… 4 days ago
- A helpful conversation to revisit today between @tanehisicoates and @ThabitiAnyabwil youtu.be/Gton4je7T_Y 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: @PaulVanderKlay @CRCNA Came across this during my office hours early this morning: christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/july-a… 4 days ago
- RT @AleahMarsden: Posted for the first time in months. Wrote what feels most true in this impossible season between chapters. https://t.co/… 4 days ago
- I'd love to see complementarian @CRCNA churches grapple with the need to institutionalize leadership for women paulvanderklay.me/2017/08/17/id-… 6 days ago
- RT @TheBabylonBee: Organization That Murders 200,000 People Of Color Each Year Takes Stand Against Racism babylonbee.com/news/organizat… https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @scotmcknight: RJS interacts with Alister McGrath on creation topics fb.me/8QLoEeD3c 6 days ago
- cardus.ca/comment/articl… 6 days ago
- RT @ayjay: The whole @roddreher interview with Lilla is just fascinating: theamericanconservative.com/dreher/mark-li… 1 week ago
- Want to counter white supremacists? Follow this man. Don't posture or yell, Overcome evil with good. independent.co.uk/news/world/ame… 1 week ago
- RT @zugzwanged: @KSPrior Are you familiar with this guy: independent.co.uk/news/world/ame…? 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/8hZp7_VAM6g?a The Queen of Sheba Sees the Kingdom 1 week ago
Tag Archives: The book of Leviticus
When I told a member of the church what I was preaching on this week she immediately thought of a scene in a Burt Reynold’s movie from 1978 called “The End”. With the help of Google I discovered that this … Continue reading
It’s Time for Leviticus to Offend the Cultural Right In our journey through Leviticus we have highlighted a number of issues that those on the skeptical side of our culture take issue with. God doesn’t want Israel to eat shell … Continue reading
A Reprieve From the Strange and Offensive Our journey through Leviticus for many has been a tour of the strange and offensive. We had laws about what to eat and what not to eat, menstruating women, skin disorders, and a … Continue reading
It’s Easier to De-Sex the World than to De-God It After reading yet another diatribe about the evil and harm that religion has done to humanity I decided to write (and not publish) a ranty blog post about how human sexuality … Continue reading
Ebola and the Day of Atonement I can’t help but think about Ebola when I read Leviticus 16. Aaron, after the death of his sons, must follow exacting steps with respect to his clothing and procedures so as to … Continue reading
Right to Die On CNN Brittany Maynard wrote a piece about her choice to die at 29 by her own hand because of her incurable brain cancer. I saw this story being posted by different friends on Facebook. My atheist friends were … Continue reading
And God Thundered from Sinai “Wash thine hands!” While Senator Lindsey Graham is afraid ISIS will kill us all at home, I think many Americans are more concerned about the infectious threats of Ebola and Enterovirus D68. In a conversation with … Continue reading