- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- Tim Keller: "Our Call: Holy Living"
- Notes from Tim Keller's sermon "Incarnation"
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- The Road to Character, Chapter 10, The Big Me, and Summary
- NIV vs. NRSV
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- Notes on Tim Keller's Sermon: Sickness Unto Death
- Notes from Tim Keller's "The Gospel and Your Self"
- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Epiphany Esther Exodus Genesis hell James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Ministry Share Overture Moses NT Wright Oprah Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Joshua The Book of Judges The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- The shape of our doubt. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/the… 1 day ago
- Launching the second blog. promptandsincere.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/int… 1 day ago
- RT @danielsilliman: On evangelicalism and authority: a twitter essay .... 1 day ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/rqTbZQu0Yhw?a Daniel 6 the Lion's Den 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-QMxmCrod2k?a How the Resurrection Changed Peter 6 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/3Fz5RQndO2I?a Daniel 5 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/U3m9uPcIkSc?a Easter 1 week ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/kFLqpuCWPVo?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 29 Easter Special 1 week ago
- RT @EpicureanDeal: Wall Street made Charles Murphy successful and rich, but happiness eluded him wsj.com/articles/wall-… via @WSJ 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Sermon Illustrations
Tim Keller’s two-minute illustration (38:45–40:45) on the Sermon on the Mount, Why People Hate the Sermon on the Mount Virginia Stem Owens. “God and Man at Texas A&M.” Reformed Journal 37, no. 11 (1987): 3–4. Also in Keller’s sermon “The … Continue reading
My notes from Tim Keller’s sermon Wisdom: How To Live It We need wisdom. Three things that characterize a wise life: A glorious fight A guarded heart A living word A Glorious Fight
Notes from Tim Keller’s Sermon “Wisdom: What Is It” (First my own comment. These notes that I take on Keller sermons are always somewhere between transcript and paraphrase. Do you want to know which one? You’d have to listen to … Continue reading
From the sermon Hero of Heroes. Quote from Walter Truett Anderson “Today our leaders are stars not heroes. Stars are surrounded by crowds, heroes walk alone. Stars consult focus groups. Heroes consult their conscience. ” The very idea of heroism … Continue reading
Tim Keller sermon from 1/13/2013 Time Stamp 11:30 in the sermon. A longer version of the Toyohiko Kagawa quote about his conversion can be found here. I am grateful for Shinto, for Buddhism and for Confucianism. I owe much to … Continue reading
Tim Keller’s sermon Generosity and Relationships was on forgiveness and he mentioned Tippi Hedren whose rebuff of Alfred Hitchkock is now made famous by a new HBO movie “The Girl”. Keller notes her capacity to forgive and avoid bitterness. Here is … Continue reading
In my Easter sermon I made the point that people are having personal relationships with lots of things. Here Verizon (a few days late) gives me a nice illustration. All in the context of reading “When God Talks Back”.