- Annie Dillard Quote on Crash Helmets needed for worship
- What to Make of Karl Barth’s Steadfast Adultery
- Notes from Tim Keller's Sermon "Joy"
- General George Marshall, The Road To Character, Chapter 5, Institutions (like the CRC) in Times of Change
- Eugene Peterson's "ecclesiastical pornography"
- Elijah Slaughters the Priests of Baal
- Miroslav Volf on God's violence or ours
- Chapter 1: The Shift in "The Road to Character"
- Wisdom: What is It? by Tim Keller (What is the Fear of the LORD: Negative Fear vs. Positive Fear)
- Using the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom
Tag Cloud#crcstructure Abortion Acts Advent Advent 2014 age of decay age to come A Secular Age Benedict Option book of Leviticus Caitlyn Jenner Calvin College Charles Taylor Christmas City Church San Francisco Confessional conversation CS Lewis Damon Linker David Brooks Donald Trump Douthat Dreher Esther Exodus Genesis hell Inspire2017 James John Suk Jonathan Haidt Jordan Peterson Katy Perry Keller Kierkegaard King David King Saul Lent Leviticus Meme of the week Moses NT Wright Palm Sunday Pentecost Peter Enns Pope Francis Progressive Liberationism Racism raising of lazarus RCA reflected self relational polarity resurrection Rob Bell Rod Dreher Ryan Bell Skye Jethani SSM Steve Jobs Synod Synod2015 Synod2016 the book of exodus The Book of Judges The book of Kings The book of Leviticus The Book of Luke the book of Numbers The Book of Samuel the Gospel of John The Gospel of Matthew The Road to Character the self book The Ten Commandments Tim Keller transgender
- RT @BransonParler: One of my students referred to "Creation Regained" by Al Wolters as "Make Creation Great Again." Ouch. 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/b3tUIIFIKZg?a Ezekiel 11b 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/uadNyWejyVc?a Ezekiel 12 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/75LDPdB6Gkc?a Ezekiel 12b Prophecy and Knowing 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/G1XFtFduLPw?a Ezekiel 13 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/aZUogDwoa90?a People are enslaved to everything except God 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/x8xcvbtZoEA?a God Meets Elijah at Horeb 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/iUxgox0joC0?a Elijah vs the Prophets of Baal on Mt Carmel 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LyEATfvIj98?a The fall of Solomon, No Man is Above the Law 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/eGcWjxAhWRk?a The King without Justice is just a Pretentious Thief 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/-uHcX4VzPhk?a The Corruption of Ahab 5 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/G1XFtFduLPw?a Ezekiel 13 6 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/7SVtTqEwlqg?a Freddie and Paul Show Episode 38 6 days ago
- Connecting Luther to Trump. Pondering the Legacy of the Reformation on a breezy California Mor… paulvanderklay.me/2017/10/14/con… via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- King Ahab stumbles around "is this good?" paulvanderklay.me/2017/10/12/is-… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: resurrection
Wouldn’t the Resurrection of Jesus have been a great time for Him to drop that offensive immoral Old Testament?
Resurrection After my last three sermons one of the church members mentioned an ABC TV show entitled “Resurrection” where people in this small town return to life sometimes years later and how that impacted their relational networks. I decided to watch … Continue reading
Why should the life, death, and even possible resurrection of one man 2000 years ago matter to my life today?
Why should the life, death, and even possible resurrection of one man 2000 years ago matter to my life today? This is a very good question, one I hear asked explicitly by some but implicitly by far more. Last week … Continue reading
The esteemed Yale church historian Jaroslav Pelikan’s musing (as relayed shortly after his death by his friend Martin Marty) comes to mind. Professor Pelikan is reported to have confided, “If the Resurrection of Jesus actually happened, then nothing else really … Continue reading
As I continue to ponder Romans 15 in the context of last week’s passage (Romans 13:11-14) I can’t help but think about the antithesis between Paul and Jesus’ teaching and what all of the world presses me to believe. Paul … Continue reading
Got a question on Voices about Colossians 1:24 and decided to write a treatment of it through my text for this week’s sermon, Luke 18:31-34. Luke 18:31-34 (NRSV) Then he took the twelve aside and said to them, “See, we … Continue reading
Just some more work on my gospel vocabulary. Here’s another way to think about it belief, consequence, judgment and the life of the age to come. What Jesus does when he proclaims that the kingdom-of-heaven/earth/eternal-life/being-in-Christ is at hand, is that … Continue reading