- “You just need to want to be a better person”
- “Just hold your religious beliefs more loosely”
- “If you do the right things you’ll get the outcome you want” (From God, Karma, the universe, etc.)
- “You can be anything you want to be. Just work hard, believe in yourself hard enough and you can do it, get it, become it.”
- “‘Spiritual but not religious’ is a good idea”
These items mean well. In most cases the opposite is also not true. There is often some value to them but each has a serious flaw that if left alone plants the seeds to its own destruction.