Part of negotiating our access to diverse groups, better understanding their positions and anticipating their responses is figuring out how they work. The goal is to create a map to analyze how the group things and where the thinking takes them.
Map Their Center Set Values and Commitments
- What sacred texts do they appeal to or are committed to?
- What leaders do they identify, esteem and emulate?
- What values do they cherish and wish to preserve?
Map Their Bounded Set Shibboleths
- What hot button positions do they ferociously defend?
- What behaviors get individuals kicked out, shunned, or excluded from the community?