Dreher has been beating this drum consistently enough that he’s getting discussion.
But I think the reason you’re frustrated, and the reason the conversation has gone the way it’s gone so far, is that many Christians are profoundly and (I would say) irrationally hostile to the very idea of seeking to form intentional ethical communities. Even to think about such a thing strikes many as a “run for the hills” mentality, so they portray the idea in the most lurid light possible.
- Saving the Benedict Option from the Culture War
- Wesley Hill on Benedict Evangelism
- Rod Dreher summarizes his Benedict Option for Time
- Dreher: Dazzling the Pagans
- Dreher Benedict Option Tag
- Progress and the Benedict Option
- Figuring out the BO
- The Atlantic: What happens when the Moral Majority becomes a Minority