The controversy erupted Sunday evening when a Twitter exchange between Napear and Cousins led to responses from hundreds of other social media users, including former Kings players Chris Webber and Matt Barnes. Amid a weekend of unrest across the United States following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Cousins asked Napear for his opinion of Black Lives Matter.
Napear responded: “Hey!!!! How are you? Thought you forgot about me. Haven’t heard from you in years. ALL LIVES MATTER. … EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!”
Cousins was seemingly not surprised Napear would assert that “all lives matter,” a phrase commonly perceived as dismissive to the Black Lives Matter movement against injustice and police brutality.
“Lol as expected,” Cousins replied.
Webber joined the discussion Monday morning.
“Demarcus we know and have known who grant is,” Webber tweeted. “The team knows as well. I’ve told them many times. They’ve seen it. They know who he is.”
Webber punctuated the tweet with two clown emojis.
Barnes weighed in on Napear’s response to Cousins, too.
“Would expect nothing less from a closet racist,” Barnes tweeted.
Napear apologized in an interview with The Sacramento Bee on Monday morning, saying he planned to apologize during his afternoon show as well.
“I’m not as educated on BLM as I thought I was,” Napear said. “I had no idea that when I said ‘All Lives Matter’ that it was counter to what BLM was trying to get across.”
- McWhorter Antiracism our Flawed New Religion
- ConverZations with PVK
- Dallas Willard on not having to have the last word
- Should You Put Buddha in the Bathroom?
- Policing the Sex Lives of High Status Christian Men
- "The Romantic Solution" from Earnest Becker's "The Denial of Death"
- Lydia is to Paul with Women, as Cornelius was to Peter with Gentiles
- Sam Harris returns his IDW card
- Jonah and the Elder Brother of the Prodigal Son
Category CloudBlog note book review book writing CRC Culture commentary Daily Links and Notes Devotional Reflection How to become a Christian Institutional Church Link Compilations Links Missional On the way to Sunday's sermon Pastoral Identity philosophical reflection Quotations Saved Blog Comments Saved CRCVoices Posts Sermon Illustrations Sermon Outline Sermon Recordings Tech tools theological the self Tweets Uncategorized Understanding the Bible Video Wisdom YouTube Comments to Remember
- Advent 2014
- age of decay
- age to come
- A Secular Age
- Benedict Option
- book of Leviticus
- Calvin College
- Charles Taylor
- City Church San Francisco
- Confessional conversation
- CS Lewis
- David Brooks
- Donald Trump
- John Suk
- Jonathan Haidt
- Jordan Peterson
- Katy Perry
- King David
- King Saul
- Meme of the week
- NT Wright
- Palm Sunday
- Peter Enns
- Peter Kreeft
- Pope Francis
- Progressive Liberationism
- raising of lazarus
- reflected self
- relational polarity
- Rob Bell
- Rod Dreher
- Ryan Bell
- Skye Jethani
- Steve Jobs
- the book of exodus
- The Book of Judges
- The book of Kings
- The book of Leviticus
- The Book of Luke
- the book of Numbers
- The Book of Samuel
- the Gospel of John
- The Gospel of Matthew
- The Road to Character
- the self book
- The Ten Commandments
- Tim Keller
- Tom Holland
- This probably needs to be tweeted daily. Thanks @PageauJonathan twitter.com/PageauJonathan… 9 hours ago
- Major piece out on Canadian Magazine on @jordanbpeterson and his Canadian publisher. macleans.ca/culture/books/… 9 hours ago
- RT @glenscrivener: RESET explores the meaning crisis in 22 fascinating interviews including @DouglasKMurray @holland_tom @Miss_Snuffy @Page… 9 hours ago
- Now I may Rest In Peace... End transmission! :) twitter.com/borsucznik/sta… 20 hours ago
- Gavin Newsom is the new Pat Boone. Think about it... 1 day ago
- RT @ddoniolvalcroze: Japanese company makes human-sized masks based on our pets’ faces ( shindo-office.tokyo) https://t.co/heH7js000W 1 day ago