OPTION 1 – TWO NT THEOLOGIANS TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THING FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME
Dr. Jeffrey A. D. Weima’s lectures on the Same-Sex Debate, defending the traditional position
(Prof of NT at Calvin Theological Seminary, served on the Sexuality Study 2021 committee)
Session One, Sept 2017 (64 min)
Session Two, Sept 2017 (63 min)
Dr. James Brownson articulating an affirming position in 4 talks in 2013 with the Reformation Project
(Prof of NT at Western Theological Seminary, part of the RCA)
1. Moral Logic and Gender Complementarity (36 min)
2. Romans 1 Part 1 (34 min)
3. Romans 1 Part 2 (35 min)
4. Marriage (40 min)
OPTION 2 – THREE CRC PASTORS SPEAKING ABOUT THEIR VARIOUS RESPONSES TO THE HSR
I’ve posted this within the context of the Hesed Project – which has more resources as well: https://www.hesedprojectcrc.org/learn/#a13lightbox-work-11188
OPTION 3 – A few other resources I’ve seen scattered around
- Pastor Woody Dixon – A series discussing the convictions & experiences that lead Pastor Woody to believe that God is calling the Church to embrace and affirm LGBTQ+ people
- Pastor Clayton Libolt – NOT a video series…a written series
- And another curated set of resources I sas a church send out:
Every week we will add 1 or 2 new resources to the enews to help you engage with the Affirming Discernment Process.
1) CRCNA’s Human Sexuality Report (set to be voted on at Synod this year) and its executive summary
2) Rev. Woody Dixon’s vlog series (CRC Minister at Jubilee Fellowship CRC in Ontario) Video #1 #2 #3 are out so far and they will be dropping weekly on facebook!
3) 3 Pastor’s Responses to the CRC Human Sexuality Report
4) LGBTQ2SIA+ vocabulary
5) Brief History of CRCNA and 2SLGBTQIA+ Questions
6) Joey & Dana youtube channel- 2 sisters from the CRC tell their stories & answer questions about being gay & bisexual
7) Wesley Hill on celibacy as a same-sex attracted man
8) Matthew Vines on the Bible and being a gay man
9) Austen Hartke– a trans theologian
10) When a pastor’s daughter comes out…hear them tell their story together at a local church
11) Local Pastor…Has “homosexual” always been in the Bible?
12) Kathy Baldock– where in our social history have our views on sexuality come from?
13) Why is sex such a big (moral) issue? by King’s U prof Heather Looy
14) CRC example of respectful disagreement between 2 Calvin profs: Dr. Wolterstorff’s talk in support of same-sex marriage (starts at 11 min. in); Dr. Tuininga’s response to Dr. W’s talk; Dr. W’s response to Dr. T’s response